Issue 13, December 1999
Editorial: Douglas Clark
This is an occasional magazine with a core of critical articles on
poetry. Supplemented by a list of the poets whose work is available in this
Webspace. A section of poems is added. Few poems
will be published and it is intended to maintain the highest quality.
What this magazine is really about is articles and writers are invited to
submit if they have some point to
make. This is not an academic journal and stress lies on readability.
The remit is the world of poetry in the broadest sense.
Submissions or comments should be sent to
In this issue there are short stories by Elisha Porat and Carolyn van
Langenberg. Christopher Rollason reviews Stephen Scobie's poem-book
on Bob Dylan.
Randolph Healy has some postmodern fun on encountering
the eighteenth letter of the alphabet in a book by Joan Retallack.
Robert Sheppard delivers a massive review of the two most important
recent anthologies of innovative poetry from British presses.
Michael Peverett also compares Conductors of Chaos, the larger
of the anthologies with a rival mainstream book from Penguin.
I do a quick scan on the poetry books I have been reading and, as usual,
supply my list of British and Irish Poetry Sites.
There are poems by Yona Alon, Duane Locke, Juan Beauregaard-Montez,
Kashyap Bhattacharya, Randolph Healy, Robert Sheppard, Richard Bear,
and Janet Buck.
The database containing past contributions
remains available and is easily accessed through the
and the twelve past Issues listed below.
Details of contributors and access to all their work in the
magazine is provided in the
`Lynx: Poetry from Bath' was selected for
Suite 101 by Jaimes Alsop of
The Alsop Review,
Consulting Editor (Poetry).
© Copyright belongs to the contributors.
The Short Stories
- Elisha Porat: A Dozen Baskets of Sand
- Carolyn van Langenberg: From Redfern to Werrington, I've been a dude!
- Richard Bear: Grace
- Duane Locke: Four poems
- Yona Alon: from 'A YEAR'S DIARY'
- Janet Buck: Four poems
- Randolph Healy: from 'Scales'
- Kashyap Bhattacharya: Getting Late
- Juan Beauregaard-Montez: Five Poems
- Robert Sheppard: Four poems
- Christopher Rollason: Poet on Poet..Stephen Scobie on Bob Dylan
- Randolph Healy: The Eighteenth Letter
- Robert Sheppard: Elsewhere and Everywhere..other new (British) poetries
- MIchael Peverett: From the Charity Shops..Two British Anthologies
- Douglas Clark: Catching up on Books -- 3
- Douglas Clark: British and Irish Poetry Sites
- Click for
Issue 1, April 1997::
Issue 2, May 1997::
Issue 3, November 1997::
Issue 4, February 1998::
Issue 5, March 1998::
Issue 6, April 1998::
Issue 7, September 1998::
Issue 8, October 1998::
Issue 9, Christmas 1998::
Issue 10, February 1999::
Issue 11, May 1999::
Issue 12, June 1999::
A ring for selected poetry webzines
Previous 5 Sites
Next 5 Sites
Douglas Clark /Lynx: Poetry from Bath:13/
Benjamin Press, 69 Hillcrest Drive, Bath BA2 1HD, UK/